Monday, November 16, 2009

Feeeeeeel gooooood food.


Anyone else out there hate Mondays? For as long as I can remember I have hated the first day of the week. I think I inherited this from my dad, he was a firm loather of Mondays. Whether I have had a great or a naff weekend, Monday morning arrives and I am plunged into depression. Infact the Monday morning blues actually start mid Sunday afternoon. They start as a annoying niggle (what is a niggle?) in the back of my mind-my weekend is nearly over. By Sunday evening I am a miserable, bad tempered grouch. Sunday night I always sleep badly, so I start the new week a wreck. By Monday evening all is great again- not long until Friday!!


Monday needs special feel good food. Monday is a day for comfort food. Monday is a day for easy to prepare food. Monday is not a day to start a new diet. Here are my 5 favourite Monday foods, in reverse order:-


5. Soup- homemade or from a can (depending on how miserable you are) with fresh bread and lashings of butter.

4.Sausages, mashed potato(with milk and butter) and gravy.

3.An enourmous bacon sandwich. Don't trim the fat off the bacon, don't use turkey bacon, do use white bread, do use butter and do use brown sauce.

2.Beans on toast,with lots of freshly milled black pepper and if you are feeling really down-a poached egg on top.

1.Definately my favourite- a HUGE bowl of cornflakes,swamped in ice cold, full fat milk (back to skimmed milk on Tuesday) with sugar sprinkled liberally over the lot!


Go on- you have almost survived another Monday.....treat yourself!

Anyone out there want to share their favourite feeeel goooood food? I am willing to try most things!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have an award for you! The ‘Superior scribbler’ award. You can pick it up at my blog http://2be4tunate.blogspot.com, under the entry ‘Wow, not just one, but two awards! Thank you!!!’ . And just keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete