Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Look what I can do!


Look What I can do!

I can plan my whole weeks’ activities to the exact minute.
I can draw up the weeks’ meals menu and never deviate from it.
I can have the lunch table set and the food prepared as soon as the breakfast dishes are cleaned away.
I can have Supper ready to be heated up as soon as lunch is over.
I can write all my reminders in the same colour pen and stick them in exact, straight lines on my fridge.
I can keep everything in its EXACT place.
I can never have ironing waiting to be done.
I can make sure there are never shoes or coats lying around.
I can organize so that my childrens’ school snacks for the next day are put in their bags as soon as they walk in the door.
I can organize and tidy my fridge at least twice a day.
I can have the weekend planned by Monday evening-one plan for good weather, one plan for bad weather.
I can brush my teeth at the exact same time morning and night.
I can see that my cats always have a clean litter tray and my rabbits’ cage is immaculate.
I can book all my years’ holidays in January.
I can have the suitcases packed days in advance.
I can send Birthday cards and Christmas cards weeks too early
I can wake up every night, at least 3 times, to make lists.
I can have a panic attack if there is a change to my plan.
I can make very bad, impulsive decisions.
I can make a decision and must do it immediately.
I can never ask for help.
I can start to shake if a job takes longer than the time I allotted it.
I can have a severe headache if I have to reschedule.
I can stay up late to finish all the jobs on my list.
I can never say no.
I can fall totally head over heels in love over night.
I can fall out of love in the blink of an eye.
I can ruin every relationship because they upset my routine.
I can tell you I have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.



Now before you all start thinking I am feeling sorry for myself or that I am having a good moan and whinge- let me tell you that 90% of the time I consider my Obssessive/ Compulsive Disorder a blessing! For my work as a teacher I am super organised with lesson plans. Bringing up twins I always had bottles, clothes,bags etc at the ready. My nightwaking sometimes results in the most brilliant ideas and my girls and I never miss appointments or are late. How many of you ,by Monday morning, have the weeks meals planned, shopped for and most of the time prepared? This obssession with planning means I always have heaps of extra time to worry about other obssessions!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment