Thursday, December 3, 2009





Time for me to give up my coveted award. I have realised that I am still computer stupid and that despite help from UberGrumpy I have changed the picture of award (although this is rather pretty ,isn't it!) and probably made it impossible for the reciever to get it/pick it up-whatever computer clever people do.


My award today goes to ..................................................................................................... Don't you hate it when on awards shows,quiz shows etc. they do this, drag things out, make you wait, dramatic music, silent crowd - oops, get to the point Kate!


My award today goes to:- http://travelwithkids-familytravel.blogspot.com

The writer of this blog is a friend of mine. She used to live in Spain but now is a zillion miles away and I really miss her. I always knew she was funny,quick and clever but I never realised she had such a talent for writing. Usual scenario-when you have children you are known only by your ability to juggle motherhood and being a wife (most people in this village know me as The Twins' Mother , *****'s Ex Wife or The Odd English One Who Goes Jogging-my real name is of no importance)

So Karen- congratulations on reclaiming your name!

Oh yes.......part of this award is that you only have it for a week and then you must hand it on AND (take note Karen) you must tell the Blogging World 7 truths about yourself. Here are my Magnificent 7:-

1. I am 5 ft 2 and a 1/2 " in height (the 1/2 is very important)

2. I secretly sing to Kylie Minogue's old hits when I am alone ("I should be so lucky", and "Better the Devil You Know" are my favourites)

3. I would love to have my bikini line done Brazilian style but I am scared of the pain.

4. I raid the fridge every night.

5. I still suck my thumb when I am tired (so what, I am only 41!)

6. I hate puttting my head under water because the water goes up my nose.

7. I hardly ever practise what I preach! I often tell my girls- "Do as I say,not as I do"

Now you will probably remember me as-the chubby one with the nose clip and the hairy bikini line,who sucks her thumb whilst singing Kylie....you know the hypocrit midget!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I was reading this post and silently labeling myself with all kinds of (mostly unflattering) labels. Then I came to the end and suddenly they are all irrelevant - for today, at least, my label is award-winning blogger! Thank you so much - and, yes it is a very pretty one. I miss you too you obsessive compulsive, foreign, cat-loving, jogging, mother of twins, ex-wife, and all-round lovely person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have just realised they were two separate posts (the 'labels' and the 'award'). Came back to 'pick up' my award (managed it, even though I am not 'computer clever' by anyone's definition - if I ever have computer problems my 9-year-old can usually sort them out!) and post it to my blog, along with warm words of praise for Recipes for Life and Love!

    ReplyDelete