I sat on my terrace yesterday and watched the world go by. I live in a small village, so the world going by was mainly old folk (therefore the world was going by was going rather slowly!) I am always amazed at all the different sizes,shapes and colours of people there are in the world; yesterday I concentrated on "The Elders" of the tribe. Here are 10 things I will not do when I am old:-
1) I will not walk around the streets in my slippers- even if bending down to get my shoes on is hard work.
2) I will not sit on park benches tut tutting at the young people that go by. I will not criticise their clothes, hair, make up etc (gosh, actually I think I do that already-must stop!)
3) I will not live my life round meal times. I will use a watch, rather than breakfast, lunch and dinner, to organise my day.
4) I will not have my hair permed and dyed white or pale blue.
5) I will not wear an apron in public (blimey, it only takes a second to whip one of those off!)
6) I will not walk round muttering to myself (Oh no, yet another thing I already do)
7) I will not take up knitting and sewing- I have never done either of these past times, so why do I have to do it when I am old?
8) I will not use the phrases "when I was young....." or "in my day...."
9) I will let my daughters make their own decisions and mistakes and I will let them fly the nest and I won't criticise and I won't be a pain in the butt burden to them (yeah-right!!!)
10)I will not tell anyone willing to listen about my various ailments.
It is Saturday, and I don't like cooking on a Saturday so try this simple to make but delicious salad (will also help you with "Operation Bikini")
Crispy Parama Ham and Mozarella Salad.
Create your usual salad with all the things you like from the following:- salad leaves, tomatoes, avocado, sweetcorn, cucmber, radishes, carrot etc. tear up a large mozarella ball and add it to the salad. Put 6 or 7 thin slices of Parma Ham on a plate and microwave for 2 minutes on full power. Dress your salad with oil, vinegar and freshly ground black pepper (you don't need to add salt as the Parma ham is fairly salty) Place the divinely, crispy Parama ham on top of the salad and ....voila! Enjoy.